Instagram Live Feed

Pages

Thursday, January 26, 2012

The Laundress

I started using The Laundress products back in 2006 after reading about them in Domino magazine (Domino - I miss you so).  I bought the Stain Solution, Wool & Cashmere Shampoo, Whites Detergent, and Stiffen up just to find out what these stylish laundry products were like. I have not been disappointed! I'm still using them. Over the years The Laundress has expanded from fabric care to home cleaning products, cleaning tools/ laundry accessories, etcetra. 






The laundress carries an entire collection of detergents and fabric care products including Baby Detergent, Denim Wash, and a Sport Detergent. My must haves are the Stain Solution, Wool & Cashmere Shampoo, and Fabric Fresh.  The Stain Solution is amazing! I spot treat all my white shirts before washing them to make sure they come out of the wash white (no yellow underarm stains). It is so gentle I use it on silk, cashmere, and wool. The Wool & Cashmere Shampoo is really wonderful as it eliminates the need to have my sweaters, blazers, coats, and other items dry-cleaned! The Fabric Fresh is a bit of a splurge as it works just like Febreze but it smells so much better. I like to think of it as Febreze's older more sophisticated sister.  

The best part is you can go to the website and get "Recipes" on how to care for your delicate fabrics.  A "The Laundress" search on YouTube brings up video demonstrations on how to care for your fabrics (I prefer these as seeing is believing).

Last year Daily Candy had co-founder Lindsey Wiber Boyd demonstrate how to properly machine wash her Chanel wool coat using the Stain Solution and Wool & Cashmere Shampoo. I was so amazed and happy when I saw this video. Up until that viewing I was taking my wool suits and coats to the cleaners and spending a small fortune but now I'm saving money using these products. I'm also being more environmentally friendly as these products are Eco-friendly.


                              
New Laundress Customers! Enjoy a voucher for $10 off all products valid until March 30 2016

Stain Solution $18 160z
Wool & Cashmere Shampoo $19 160z
Fabric Fresh $16 8oz
Rowenta Precision Valet Garment Steamer

*updated links 12/17/15

No comments:

Post a Comment

Art (4) Bar (3) Beauty (3) Berkshires (1) Books (3) Brooklyn (4) Brunch (1) Cheap (5) Chelsea (4) Chinatown (1) Dessert (2) Dinner (4) East Village (1) Experience (21) Film (1) Flowers (1) Hamptons (1) Hells Kitchen (1) Home (1) Kundalini Yoga (1) Little Italy (3) Lower East Side (4) Lunch (2) meditation (1) Midtown (2) Music (1) NoLita (3) Park (4) Queens (2) Review (1) Shopping (1) SoHo (1) Spa (1) Tarot (1) Theater (2) Upper East Side (1) vacation (1) Website (2) Williamsburg (2) Yoga (3)