Instagram Live Feed

Pages

Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Sugar by Fresh Lip Treatment





My lips had been very dry lately and my petrolatum based lip balm was not helping. I went online and typed in petrolatum to see if it is good for my skin and what I learned is surprising.  It turns out that it works as a barrier (like a bandage) on your skin; it will not let moisture in or out blocking out your body's natural moisurizing mechanism, leading to dry skin and chapping! Petrolatum creates the conditions it claims to alleviate.  For more information on other cosmetic ingredients you should avoid visit Organic Consumers.

I made my why to Sephora and asked the sales lady to recommend a lip balm and she suggested Sugar Lip Treatment by Fresh.  I looked at the ingredients and was happy to find it has a blend of oils that nourish the skin,  sugar to prevent moisture loss, and SPF 15 to protect from the sun.  The packaging mentioned the lip treatment is made without petrochemicals, sulfates, and synthetic dyes amongst other scary sounding ingredients.

At $22.50 one might say it is very pricey for a lip balm but at .15 oz it is enough lip balm to last you all season.  I've been using my Sugar lip balm for about two weeks now and my lips have not been dry since.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Art (4) Bar (3) Beauty (3) Berkshires (1) Books (3) Brooklyn (4) Brunch (1) Cheap (5) Chelsea (4) Chinatown (1) Dessert (2) Dinner (4) East Village (1) Experience (21) Film (1) Flowers (1) Hamptons (1) Hells Kitchen (1) Home (1) Kundalini Yoga (1) Little Italy (3) Lower East Side (4) Lunch (2) meditation (1) Midtown (2) Music (1) NoLita (3) Park (4) Queens (2) Review (1) Shopping (1) SoHo (1) Spa (1) Tarot (1) Theater (2) Upper East Side (1) vacation (1) Website (2) Williamsburg (2) Yoga (3)