Instagram Live Feed

Pages

Saturday, June 3, 2017

CitiBike to explore the City


I used to be a heels person. I would wear heels everywhere to the point where when I would wear flats my calves would hurt. Little by little I started wearing flats and sneakers and now I hardly wear heels. I finally learned they are not conducive to taking advantage of NYC. 

Not wearing heels everyday even got me to get a Citibike subscription last year. At first I was pretty nervous about riding (especially since I ride without a helmut) but soon enough I was riding a couple of times a week. When my friend invited me to the Frying Pan (it happens to be on a pier on 12th Avenue, not close to any subway) instead of groaning I was delighted because I could ride the bike. 

I use the google map app to find my route because it has a biking option which highlights the bike lanes. If you are riding without a helmet you should seek the bike lanes. 

I also use the Citibike app because it shows you where to find the docking stations. Sometimes when you get to a station there are no bikes or its full. The app helps you find another without wandering around. It always lets you know how many bikes/docks are available. 

I noticed there are a lot more people riding. I like it because now I go to the park all the time. Sometimes I even wake up early and go before work! My favorite these days is the Normal A Rockefeller Park in Battery Park City I can get there in under 12 minutes (i'm a leisurely rider, taking in the sites and seeing what is new in the neighborhood). Walking there takes about 30 minutes.

Photos made possible by Citibike ride:




  


No comments:

Post a Comment

Art (4) Bar (3) Beauty (3) Berkshires (1) Books (3) Brooklyn (4) Brunch (1) Cheap (5) Chelsea (4) Chinatown (1) Dessert (2) Dinner (4) East Village (1) Experience (21) Film (1) Flowers (1) Hamptons (1) Hells Kitchen (1) Home (1) Kundalini Yoga (1) Little Italy (3) Lower East Side (4) Lunch (2) meditation (1) Midtown (2) Music (1) NoLita (3) Park (4) Queens (2) Review (1) Shopping (1) SoHo (1) Spa (1) Tarot (1) Theater (2) Upper East Side (1) vacation (1) Website (2) Williamsburg (2) Yoga (3)