While reading I noticed there were a lot of references to "eclectic music" as Christian described it to Ana. The first song referenced is The Flower Duet from the opera Lakme. In the book Ana describes it as "the sweetest, most magical music of two women singing." I had to find out what that music was. I ended up searching for some of the songs while I was reading. Today I found out E.L. James lists all the songs in all three books on her website.
She has also created a YouTube playlist E L James which has videos and or audio of all the songs for your listening pleasure.
I recreated the list of songs below and listed where they appear in the book.
- Lakme, Flower Duet - Cristian drives Ana home after she spends the night with him and has her first kiss. p58, location 1605
- Sex on Fire - same as FlowerDuet. p59, location 1619
- Adagio, Concerto No 3 in D Minor - Ana wakes up to find Christian playing a melancholy song on the piano. p90, location 2466
- Misfit - Morning after Ana's first time while she makes breakfast. p. 95,location 2537 of 10728
- I'm on Fire - Christian drives Ana home after their first weekend together before they stop for lunch. p111, location 3019
- The Lightning Strike - Ana goes running to clear her mind. p137, location 3821
- Helter Villa-Lobos: Bachianas Brasileria No 5 for voice and 8 Cellos: Aria
- Witchcraft - Christina and Ana dance before going to dinner at his parent's house. p252, location 6938
- La Traviata - Prelude - In the car when Christian takes Ana gliding in Savanna. p323, location 9282
- Toxic - same as La Traviata. p323, location 9297
- The Blower's Daughter - same as La Traviata. p324, location 9304
- Canon and Gigue in D Major: I. Canon - On the ride home whenTaylor picks Ana up from the airport. p345, location 9974
- Spem in Alium - Christian makes Ana listen to this through headphones while he takes her.p.356, location 10286
- 24 Preludes, Op. 28,No. 4 in E Minor: Largo - Ana wakes at 5am to find Christian playing this on the piano. p359, location 10337