Instagram Live Feed

Pages

Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Starting to Run


I've been thinking and talking about running for over and year and yesterday a friend sent me an email about the Niketown Run Club including the details for the run this coming Thursday. She also suggested I go to JackRabbit Sports to get a shoe fitting.

I was so determined to get my running shoes this afternoon I didn't even think about what I was wearing. I knew I was going to get on a treadmill but I still went in my high heels and pencil skirt and put my name on the list to be fitted. It was while I was waiting to be fitted that I started to feel self conscious. Luckily before I considred leaving my name was called.



My sales associate, Terry, was very helpful and suggested I change and provided me with a pair of shorts, socks and a generic running shoe. Terry analyzed my run on the treadmill and explained that my feet over-pronate when I run and that a stability sneaker would be ideal for me.

She presented me with three stability running shoe options. I tried on a pair and ran on the treadmill again to see the difference in my gait. There really was a difference! My pronation was normal in the stability shoe. Sold!


I bought the http://amzn.to/1TLe1yE for the same price being offered at Amazon. Also, if I shop there again I will get a 10% discount.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Art (4) Bar (3) Beauty (3) Berkshires (1) Books (3) Brooklyn (4) Brunch (1) Cheap (5) Chelsea (4) Chinatown (1) Dessert (2) Dinner (4) East Village (1) Experience (21) Film (1) Flowers (1) Hamptons (1) Hells Kitchen (1) Home (1) Kundalini Yoga (1) Little Italy (3) Lower East Side (4) Lunch (2) meditation (1) Midtown (2) Music (1) NoLita (3) Park (4) Queens (2) Review (1) Shopping (1) SoHo (1) Spa (1) Tarot (1) Theater (2) Upper East Side (1) vacation (1) Website (2) Williamsburg (2) Yoga (3)