Instagram Live Feed

Pages

Monday, March 5, 2012

Salon Effects at home

This is my second time trying Sally Hansen Salon Effects because I really wanted to have my nails polished but I didn't want to go to the salon and I didn't want to wait for my nail polish to dry.  While at Duane Reade I picked up the Aflorable strips mostly because I had just seen so many beautiful flowers at the Botanical Gardens Orchid Show.



Applying the strips only takes 5 simple steps and best of all is the no drying time. I usually do a pretty good job polishing my nails but I usually ruin it because I do not give them enough time to dry.


In the Salon Effects box you will find a cuticle stick, mini file & buffer, 16 nail strips and detailed instructions with pictures.
  1. Select the best fitting strip for each nail.
  2. Peel the clear protective plastic from the backing paper.
  3. Break silver tab from strip and choose a side which best fits the shape of your nail.
  4. Apply the strip against the cuticle line; holding at the center for control. Press the strip to nail. Gently stretch strip for a perfect fit (careful not to overstretch). Firmly smooth strip over nail. Run flat side of cuticle stick along edge of strip to firmly bond strip to nail.
  5. Shape the excess nail edge by forming a crease around the edge of the nail and filing away the excess with the light pink side of file.



For best results start with clean, dry nails. Push back cuticles with wooden stick (I like to trim my cuticles).  The stripes last about 5 - 10 days depending on your lifestyle.  To remove the stripes use nail polish remover as you would to remove regular nail polish.

Sally Hansen Salon Effects are available at most drug stores and cost about $11.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Art (4) Bar (3) Beauty (3) Berkshires (1) Books (3) Brooklyn (4) Brunch (1) Cheap (5) Chelsea (4) Chinatown (1) Dessert (2) Dinner (4) East Village (1) Experience (21) Film (1) Flowers (1) Hamptons (1) Hells Kitchen (1) Home (1) Kundalini Yoga (1) Little Italy (3) Lower East Side (4) Lunch (2) meditation (1) Midtown (2) Music (1) NoLita (3) Park (4) Queens (2) Review (1) Shopping (1) SoHo (1) Spa (1) Tarot (1) Theater (2) Upper East Side (1) vacation (1) Website (2) Williamsburg (2) Yoga (3)